1737 West Twelfth Street
Davenport, IA 52804
The Davenport Museum of Art actively serves the public by collecting, conserving, and exhibiting art, and by promoting appreciation and creation of visual art through education. As a vital, responsive institution, the DMA brings art and people together, expands the knowledge and love of art, and enriches the life of the community through the power of art. The Davenport Museum of Art's permanent holdings include many nationally and internationally known objects and bears witness to more than seven decades of philanthropy and civic pride. The collections, organized in seven areas, offer a distinctive look at regional, national and international art from the 15th century to the present. A gift of 334 paintings from Charles August Ficke to the City of Davenport formed the nucleus of the Davenport Municipal Art Gallery's permanent collection when it was established in 1925.